Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Can't wait to get crackin again!

Early steps to a better blog for YOU, my friends&fans!

This week I attending my first in a series of classes offered and facilitated by Tanya over at Blogelina. The online class is designed to inform, educate and support bloggers (beginner bloggers like me for the most part). Since I'm an avid reader anyway, of course I read through most of the class manual before the first class even started. I was a little sceptical about how much I'd get out of the online class format, seeing as how I'm a huge fan of being self taught, reading and using available resources to learn new things. I'm happy to report that I took two full pages of notes FROM the class, to add to my class manual, and came away feeling like the time I invested sitting in front of my computer that evening was well worth it. Now what? Now I have homework,lol. As with any new thing you commit to learning, you get out of it what you put into it.....so homework it is!

Blogging for Beginners class homework
Week 1

  • Look through the questions regarding goals for your blog listed in the manual and in the slide presentation.
  • Choose at least 3 to answer and, if you have a blog, write a blog post about your goals.
Some of my blog goals
  1. What topics will I cover on my blog? This gave me some challenges, since I have an interest in quite a few areas myself. Of course I will cover all things pertaining to my business Kaleidoscope Art&Gifts including giveaways, new products etc. I'd like to be able to use my blog to 'pay it forward' a bit and share with you other businesses, products, causes etc. that strike my fancy, thinking they may strike yours as well. As an Art instructor (with kids mostly), I'm looking forward to sharing topics relating to kids art and creativity. There will certainly be a bit of insight into my personal life too, not only for YOUR entertainment, but for my sanity as well,lol.
  2. What do you want your blog 'community' to look like? I will continue to allow and encourage comments on blog posts, and am keeping my eyes out for different options available to encourage other reader/subscriber interaction as well.
  3. How much time are you willing/planning to spend on your blog each day/week? I'm shooting for a goal of 2-4 hours/day or 8-20 hours/week, hopefully allowing me to keep a handle on my personal life AWAY from the computer too :)
I know that some of you are bloggers too, and I welcome ANY feedback and/or advice you'd like to pass on. I'm a HUGE fan of networking and paying it forward, so please don't hesitate to ask for some kind of exposure from my end, I will always see what I can do to help!

Interested in taking a class from Tanya and Blogelina.com?

I hope to see you there, and look forward to providing you a better blogging experience!
~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment