Tonight my kitchen is crankin out an oldie but goodie: Chicken Alfredo Stromboli (aka STROMBOLI a la LISA). This is one of the top two requested dinners by every single person in my family (the other one is Beef or Venison Stroganoff).
It's really not too difficult and if you cook your chicken ahead of time like the recipe calls for it only has to be in the oven long enough to cook the dough all the way through. *sighs* Ahhhhh, I can smell it already, can you? Whip this up for your clan and they will not be disappointed!
NOTES: This recipe is for one Stromboli, feeds two-three. For two Strombolis, double the recipe.
**This recipe is for the chicken, pesto, alfredo version...feel free to substitute pizza fixins, taco, greek etc...just keep the moisture(fluid) to a minimum so it doesn't get soggy.
2: boneless skinless chicken breasts
1: package refrigerated Pillsbury pizza crust classic dough
6-8: slices of provolone or mozzarella cheese (or 3-4 slices of each OR you can use shredded cheese in place of slices)
4-6: Tablespoons of pesto (Classico brand is found in the pasta sauce aisle of the grocery store)
1: 15oz jar of Alfredo pasta sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Boil chicken in a pot of water until cooked all the way through (no pink inside) OR cook it up in a skillet.
- Spread dough onto greased cookie sheet (press out with fingers until dough touches the sides of the cookie sheet
- Spread all of the pesto onto the dough
- Spread ½ of the jar of alfredo sauce onto the pesto
- Cut chicken into small cubes or strips, place on top of alfredo sauce
- Spread remaining alfredo sauce onto chicken
- Place cheese slices on top of sauce
- Roll up Stromboli starting at one end of cookie sheet to the other end (tucking in sides as you go to seal off the ends)
- Pinch dough together at seam to seal (if you can, flip Stromboli over so that seam side is down, if not…it’s ok, the sauce might bust out of the top that way though)
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until dough is cooked all the way through (cut partially in ½ to check if needed)
- When done, remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- EAT! ….YUMMY FOR YOUR TUMMY!
*I'd LOVE it if you leave comments on different version you do of this, enjoy!