Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2015

And these are a few of my favorite things (sing it with me!)....

You know the song right? The one from that classic movie with all the singing and green hills and lederhosen. Oh! And Julie Andrews too. 

Well recently I happened upon this AWESOME 'Creamy Garlic Dipping, Dressing & Drizzle Sauce' during a trip to Costco and it had me singing this song in my head for the rest of the day (the evil minions at Costco were serving meatball samples drenched in this bottled gift from the Gods). This experience got me thinking....what ARE a few of my favorite things? I started compiling a list (you know, cuz I have nothing else to do and so much time to do it in, lol) and I realized that I have QUITE the eclectic mix of 'favorite things'. Here are some of them...



  1. The aforementioned, and might I say ADDICTING, Creamy Garlic Dipping, Dressing & Drizzle Sauce from Costco.
  2. Water, any body of water really. I love the ocean, lakes, heck even a nice cool swimming pool on a hot summer's day. This photo was taken at a lake near us from Hawk Creek Campground in Eastern Washington. One of our faves because of its close proximity to home.
  3. My Jawbone fitness tracker (which for some reason I keep calling a JAMbone, lol). I love that I can track my sleep (and quality of it for that matter) and I get a gentle "GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND MOVE" vibration notifying me when I've been inactive for 15 minutes.
  4. My hubby, that's Mr. Kaleidoscope to you all ;) We've had our ups and downs, have blended multiple families (plus added to them) and still have fun (and bug each other, lol) after 10 years of marriage. Our anniversary is on the 6th of August, WHOA how time flies!
  5. The blanket my sister crocheted for me for my birthday this year. I never expect to get a crocheted gift from anyone (considering how much crocheting I do already) but was SO excited to receive it, and I know she put a lot of love in it. 'Red', our 12 year old daughter, can tell you....NOBODY messes with my 'blankie'!
  6. Keb Mo and his 'Just Like You' CD. I actually like ALL of his albums, but this one is in rotation more than the others. Smooth, earthy and chill.
  7. Our family dog Cocoa. LOVE her. We got her when I was about 6 months pregnant with Mini-me, and she was a tiny little fluffball that fit in the palm of Mr. K's hand. She is truly one of us!
  8. Ahhhh, my Chucks. I had a pair back in middle school/high school and LOVED them. This new pair was a gift from 'Santa' this last Christmas. Boy does 'he' know JUST what I want.
  9. The Crochet Stitches Visual Encyclopedia by Robyn Chachula. Another smart move by 'Santa' this past year. It's informative, colorful and now it's all dog eared up. It's a must have!
  10. Mr. K and Zac attack....I LOVE how they interact and how Mr. K isn't afraid to get his old arse down there at Zac's level and really PLAY!
  11. Say Anything with John Cusack. My first major 'celebrity' crush.....and that hasn't changed. I dig his quirkiness, dark/sarcastic sense of humor and awkward 'adorkableness' (it's a real thing, Webster's dictionary just doesn't know it yet, lol). I mean c'mon...his Twitter profile says he's an "Apocalyptic shit disturber and elephant trainer.". Who doesn't love that?
  12. Whoppers candy.....MMMMMmmmm! One of my all time favorite candies. They're my go-to when in a rush at the gas station on a road trip with screaming kids in the car and 10 people in line at the register. I even ate them by the CARTON (that's right, like a milk carton) when I was pregnant. Not one of my more healthy dietary choices, I admit. *hangs head in shame*
  13. My kiddos playing together. Nicely. And semi-quietly. Together. With no bodily injuries. LOL. Actually in this picture they were "helping daddy with the yard work." Yeah, uh-huh.
  14. Decadent, rich, CHOCOLATE Ice Cream. ALMOST any will do, as long as there aren't any nuts in it. Denali Extreme Moose Tracks and Phish Food by Ben&Jerry's are two of my faves!
  15. My Girl Scouts! I'm a Daisy Girl Scout troop leader (soon to add Brownie troop leader) locally and I absolutely LOVE it! My girls in this photo are the itty bitties in the blue tunics. What a great group I have. They're enthusiastic, fun, kind and I'm not gonna lie, a HANDFUL. But we have an awesome time together!
  16. And last, but definitely not least. Adam Levine. Nuff said. That's all I got.....LOVE HIM!
So there's a little insight into 'me', and a few (or a couple of few) of my favorite things. What are a few of YOUR favorite things? I'd love to hear them!




No comments:

Post a Comment